Here are some suggestions to keep everyone entertained this summer holiday…
There’s something for kids of all ages in Worthing; indoor or outdoor, whatever the weather, space to run, new activities to explore, challenges to be met. So to make the most of your summer holiday here are some ideas to get you started!
Worthing for Littles
Little kids will enjoy the simple (and often free) pleasures Worthing offer:
- FREE – Get wet and have fun at the splash pads, perfect for those warmer days. Also enjoy the sandpit on the beach by East Beach Artists Studios – don’t forget the bucket and spade!
- FREE – Paddle and beachcomb on the beach at low tide. Remember to check the tide times first
- FREE – Climb, swing and dig at Gull Island and Waterwise playgrounds, let their imagination run wild!
- Play in the kid’s pool and slide at Splashpoint – Worthing’s state of the art swimming pool complex
- Create and paint at the Art-ful pottery café, ideal for rainy days
- Get creative at one of Worthing Museum’s Children’s Workshops, running from 2nd to 18th August
- Enjoy one of Worthing Theatre’s popular children’s shows
Worthing for Bigs
For older kids Worthing offers a chance to try something new, for challenges and outdoor adventures:
- Try your skills at beach volleyball
- Hit the water on a paddleboard, hire all the kit for a fun day out
- Hire a Donkey Bike, check out the cycle routes and away you go
- Find your Formula 1 at the Team Sport 450m indoor Go Kart track or the slightly smaller (open-air) Brooklands BGK Go Kart and Mini Moto track
- Strike down the opposition at 10 pin Bowling
- Challenge yourself to the diving boards at Splashpoint swimming pool
- FREE – Turn a walk up Cissbury Ring into an adventure by joining the Geocaching revolution – ‘the world’s largest treasure hunt’ (plus don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for the wild ponies)